Mondays are a drag. Everything seems a little worse on a Monday. Getting through the day, making dinner – all of it seems like more effort than any other day of the week. Little things said bother me more, I read things with a more critical eye, and the list goes on! I don’t like Mondays! And if you are interested in my Synesthesia in regards to Monday – it is a dusty grey–blue, just like I feel.
So I thought I would write a list:
10 Things that You can Do on a Monday to make your day better
- Sleep in an extra 15 minutes. If you are late for work or your first appointment, no big deal, as Mondays already suck!
- Pay for the order of the person behind in you line at Starbucks (or Timmy’s or wherever you may be ordering).
- Use a Purple Pen – all day long!
- Take a walk at lunchtime – clearing your head always helps when you are feeling the Monday blahs.
- Text a friend that you haven’t talked to in a while and tell her/him how important they are to you.
- Go for a pedicure. Zone out while getting your feet rubbed.
- If you are giving and getting hugs, squeeze extra hard. And give a few more!
- Go online and start planning your next vacation. Use Pinterest to create a board of some travel destinations that you are longing to go on. Sometimes looking forward makes today just a little bit better.
- Get takeout for dinner – just make sure it’s relatively healthy or you will regret it for the rest of the week.
- Watch your guilty pleasure – for me it’s Dancing with the Stars on Monday. Gotta love me some Derek Hough.